WHO ARE WE?
Spotlight Mining are a boutique media production & management company for global resource investment and junior mining.
We are a scientifically fluent and technically proficient media team working exclusively in the resources sector, producing and managing video, photo and web content live on-site with a range of junior mining exploration companies worldwide. We have teams in 7 countries working in 9 languages on 4 continents.
Follow us on social media to find out more…
MEET OUR TEAM
Founder and Director
Liam comes from a family line of geologists, his mother studied geology in Oxford in the 90s and grandfather worked across Eastern Africa and the USA as a petroleum specialist in the hydrocarbon boom years. He graduated with a BSc Hons in 2014 and spent a summer season with Hummingbird Resources on their Tienhpo gold licence in Liberia, followed by a 4 year position as an academic geochemical analyst at the University of Brighton (UK), focussed on the formation of REE ion-adsorption deposits. During this time Liam served on the board of the MDSG and ran international economic geology field courses, networking events and supported conferences.
Liam has always enjoyed original and niche media and spent several seasons in music festival management before catching his break in geology, to become the editor of a minor Canadian publication. Seeing niches in the market, Liam formed Spotlight Mining with a group of friends and has tirelessly travelled and worked to build the companies network since launching in January 2019. He currently lives in Bayreuth (Germany), but is often found milling around conference halls with clients worldwide or cheering madly in the OstKurve on ice-hockey game days in Bayreuth!
Get in touch:
Lets be honest, the internet is full of horse ****. At Spotlight Mining we get paid to produce media, but we have high standards for who and what we'll actually release. We have refunded money to companies we didn't like on visits and refused to release media we believe wasn't factually accurate. Our team have met, worked with and fallen into pump-dump-scam artist traps and we know the type, our industry is suffocated by them right now. We believe this activity brings disrepute to our beautiful sector and we make efforts to expose any such groups who produce miseleading or innacurate data. Investment is not just a financial adventure, it's a moral one too. Companies have a responsibility to their shareholders and reporters to do their best on their projects, from drilling and reporting to putting their own trust in the right contractors. That's why we're proud to work with clients who go the extra mile, personally and corporately, for their stakeholders. We do our best to support companies we trust.
Our promises to you:
- We will only work with companies who hold positive environmental records and who have high standards on site.
- We will only work with companies who engage positively with their community stakeholders and engage them at every step of the mining process.
- We do not pump stocks.
- We do not sign confidentiality agreements with public companies, instead we are trusted to report honestly, factually and within relevant exchange regulations for the benefit of shareholders.
- We are paid to produce content, not promote. Our publication channels are operated independently from our production.
- Privately, we invest in the mining sector, but our releases remain factually and technically accurate and without bias. A full disclosure of active investments is included below.
When investing and learning about mining and geology there's a minefield of sources and we do our best to ensure we're as clean as we can be with our products.
We do not produce investment advice. We highly recommend seeking professional advice before engaging in any investment. The risks are high in mining and while some companies may rocket, most are being dragged along. Your decisions are ultimately your own and your own capital is always at risk.
For guidance in the UK you can contact The Citizen's Advice Bureau for impartial suggestions and support with your finances.
Private investment disclosure:
Liam Hardy (founder of Spotlight Mining) holds shares of:
- Mawson Resources (TSXv : MAW)
- Leading Edge Materials (TSXv : LEM)
- Australian Vanadium (ASX : AVL)
- EMX Royalty Corp (TSXv : EMX)
- AMEX Exploration (TSXv : AMX)
- GOLD MINING (TSX : GOLD)
- Exro Technologies (CSE : XRO)
- Riverside resources (TSXv : RRI)
- Nevada Exploration (TSXv : NGE)
- NuLegacy gold (TSXv : NUG)
Shares were purchased on the open market with personal funds and are not connected to any formal Spotlight Mining activity.